Let me just say that as my mind was listing various ways to go about our tasks for the day: opening windows; pulling out soil (I will let someone else do that heavy part); finding my pruning tools, garden gloves, and sticks and leaves bin; potting my amazing clearance mums (yes, I know that's fall-ish, but I had to while they were on super clearance because who in the world actually wanted to buy mums last week while they were the store special… when the weather outside was in the 90's; their now less than $2.00 price was irresistible and that way, if I kill them again… gulp… like last year… I won't feel bad at all!); cutting back all our spring bushes and flowers; putting some of our spring garden "to sleep;"…. Lots of outside stuff today…Maybe even doing some more organizing in the garage if I could just get my little fellow to think he doesn't need to find his own "tuff" in all the chaos of our garage, pulling apart boxes and squeezing between things. I always wonder why he just can't enjoy play! But no, he must "fine tuff." I guess it looks like I am having so much fun he must join in.
All this was in fact, a fun way to get out of the house and complete some of the tasks which have been put off with the extreme heat we've been having. Getting out of the house is a good thing. Away from tasks left undone from yesterday, because Isaac's early bedtime was just too nice and I had to go to sleep myself. And now that I'm up super-early, I have more time to finish… but instead, I get to enjoy a wonderful quiet time, and even get to write all this because…sniffle, sniffle… my wonderful husband pulled out the laundry from the drier so it wouldn't wrinkle, set it on the couch, so I can fold it…. Emptied the sink of all its dirty dishes… and I mean every dirty dish, even the ones from the stovetop. And not stopping there, he even cleaned the stovetop. Everything around the house is ready and waiting for a new day! I can even start a new round of laundry because there's nothing sitting on top of the washing machine! And the most amazing part of it all: I didn't even ask him!! I didn't ask him to do any of it. He just did. I thought he was grading and working and prepping for his weekend class Friday and Saturday. And here in the midst of all that… he took time to help me out. What an amazing husband I tell you!! I think I'll let him sleep in!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment