That was a pretty dismal post yesterday. Haha. But I just felt like I had to explain why I could not do my normal "daybook" post. Today is a new day… and a gorgeous one too! Since I've been writing Jon it seems like posting and updating here has been easier. So I thought I would just include a snippet of what I just wrote so that yesterday's post isn't left on the top here:
I've got all the windows open and enjoy hearing the summer critters and my wind chimes outside the front door… and there's a wonderful breeze coming in and around the house. Just beautiful! After all that blistering heat we've had THIS kind is just amazing! We played out in the sprinkler today, enjoying some good ol' summer fun, came in, had lunch, read books, brushed teeth and put a certain lad down for a nap. I was prepared for a long fight again. Last night took over an hour and a half until he finally stayed in his bed. It was 11 o'clock before he stayed in and fell asleep… Then this morning I heard little bare feet on the floor at 6:30… and a cautious little head peeking into my room, wondering what to do. Needless to say, after so little sleep, so much fighting, and then playing… he's tired and really needed the nap. Thankfully this time he only climbed out of bed once and then fell asleep within seven minutes! Yes, I was shocked. Not sure how long he'll sleep… I hope a while so he can catch up on some of that sleep he's missing!
Like I told him… I'll sign off for now and do a few other chores around here before I hear those bare-pigs on the floor again!
No comments:
Post a Comment