Monday, August 9, 2010

Day is Done

It has been a really, really long day. But it is over now…almost. As soon as I can finish writing and wind down a little bit. But I so happy to report that I can now flush the toilet without fear! I can (one day, when all the backwashed grime is gone) take a long, long shower. (Exactly how many scrubbings will it take to get the bathtub clean again?) And Isaac is good for one more year before having another maintenance check-up. Today's was long (I said that, right?)… very long. I am so thankful for a husband who went through this entire day's trials with us. A large sacrifice of time on his part, hours and hours…including taking care of Isaac while I had Bible study to night. I think right now I hear him getting back into the ticking groove on his keyboard.

Isaac is 37 and a half inches tall, and 25 pounds. Extremely skinny for his age, and exceptionally tall. The doctor did not consider the bruises a testimony to any type of child abuse thankfully; even casually overlooking the bruised bump that conveniently found itself on his forehead right before we had to go in today of course! By the dirt collected under his finger nails and between his fingers from admiring the plumber's rotating machine in the front lawn today for over an hour and by the popsicle stain running down his arm… she came to the conclusion that he was active. But little did she know that drama leading up to the appointment. I overcame the feeling of being belittled because… there is just really nothing you can do when the housing plumbing is beyond your control. Thankfully she didn't see the stains on my own shirt from those same popsicle-hands and muddy fingers, that were much dirty before I was able to get them somewhat clean before we got in the car. I just don't even notice things about my own self when I am trying to get my own child looking decent. There are days I get to our destination and wonder if I put my shoes on, or did I even look in the mirror to fix my hair? Or… what am I wearing?

It's been a long… LONG day!

No comments: