I did get a chance to journal in my family calendar everyday and take pictures, so I thought I would just share from that since I did not get a chance to blog a lot this week.
On Monday we got around to adding the green tomatoes to our menu. We just got some more handed to us on Thursday, so we are eating those too and letting them ripen on our window sills. Isaac always, always wants to get into what I am doing. Today (Saturday) it feels like I have a Siamese twin attached to my hip. Some days it is extremely tiring. But this day he did okay and I had the patience to work with it, thankfully!
He also got his hair cut that night before taking his bath. It wasn't too long, but it was thick and furry on top of his head and I was ready to take it off! He did so well with the trimmer, no videos, no nothing. Just sat there. Towards the end we did need to call in the reinforcements and Daddy came in to read a book while I finished trimming up with some scissors.
The next day (Tuesday), Stephen took the morning off and we checked out a local Children's Museum. it was a lot of fun. It had several play areas upstairs, and we didn't have to pick up after ourselves (we did-- but it's not the same as having to do it at your house). I thought it extremely funny that we go out and all Isaac wants to do is play with the trains... we could have stayed home and done that. We had fun with several experiments on the first floor. Like trying to roll a ball down a slope at just the right height and speed to get it into a bucket that was spinning around at the bottom. Probably our favorite was the wind tubes. It was so funny watching Isaac's face as he watched them go around and waiting to come out on him.
The next day (Wednesday) was our day to go to see our new Baby Boy. Isaac did well. He was glad to go to the doctor for our "bay-ee." He lasted halfway through the ultrasound before Stephen had to take him out, but they were in their to find out he was a boy. When we were driving home we told Isaac we had to pick a name now, what should it be? He said "Jaw." As in Josh and the Wall, a favorite bedtime Bible story. So we are running Joshua through several different middle names to see if it works for us. Once we got home I tried taking him to a Splash Pad since it was extremely hot and we could not just play outside without dieing! But he had nothing doing with that, which disappointed me a little. We'll try again another day.
Thursday was grocery day, an all day affair for us since I go shopping every other week. Getting so many groceries I have to re-stock and re-organize my shelves and prep stuff before it goes bad, but I enjoy doing this all on one day rather than several days through out the next few weeks. Between stops we stopped off to register Isaac for the Park Districts two-year-old program. One hour a week, every Monday, Isaac will be a little "Pebble." (The pre-school program is called "Stepping Stones" so that makes him the one underneath.) That will be fun for him.
And yesterday we had a wonderful day at the park. The sun was hiding behind clouds, making it quite bearable to be outside, dare I say actually enjoyable! And what is not to enjoy with an adorable two year old sliding down slides and pretending the rocks below are water, as he wiggles his body all through the dirt to get to the safe grassy area to the other side (his imagination is beginning to be quite active, it's a lot of fun).
That's our week so far. I don't know what will be written for today, but I have to start the day sometime. Maybe a little sweet tea will help... it always does!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment