Outside my window...
It's hot. Miserably hot. I don't know what is wrong with me this summer, but the time I spend outside is just awful. I think it's because I'm pregnant. It has been a really funny discovery though: One night we went to a park or somewhere as a family. And Stephen (who is always, ALWAYS hotter than I am) turned to me and asked if I was ready to turn the air conditioning down… it was then that I knew I had a problem. I wasn't even close to being cooled down, in fact, I was still very warm. I talked to the doctor about it and a few friends who have been pregnant before and they said it is just because I'm pregnant. The doctor asked if I had a pass to the pool, he advised spending my time in the pool, soaking up the coolness of the water. As the weeks go by with the end to these "dog-days," the gigantic size of Isaac's pool is looking quite comforting.
I am thinking...
It is nice to not have anything due or places to go for a while. Summer is fun, and I love the people and places we see, but it is also nice to be at home. Looking forward to the heat being over, but not exactly ready for summer to be done.
I am thankful for...
Air conditioning.
From the kitchen...
Are cries from the dishes to be cleaned. I hate when they do that!
I am reading...
Family Feasts For $75 a Week, I highly recommend it. It's not really so much about making that specific dollar amount, but it is a wealth of practical, non-pressure-ful information on how to take care of your budget and in particular, managing a menu, home, and pantry.
I am hoping...
I can hustle around and get Isaac up so we are not late for evening service.
I am creating...
This post for now!
I am hearing...
My husband asking me questions I am not really paying attention to. Focus, focus!
Around the house...
Are chaotic signs that Sunday has come to our house again: Isaac has fully taken advantage of the quiet time mom needs to finish getting ready and getting lunch… and who has time to fix it all up again when we need to find shoes, tuck in shirts, comb hair and get out the door? I despise the chaos Sundays make at our house. It always makes Mondays so hard, too much work and plain dreadful.
One of my favorite things...
Air conditioning.
A few plans for the rest of the week…
-Write a few notes
-Look at the calendar
-Celebrate our anniversary!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment