I know most of you are getting a laugh out of my new found discoveries of cold weather and snow. I (Jessica) just want you all to know that I have successfully driven in snow now! And after watching these guys with plows on the front of their trucks, whipping around back and forth as they please. . . I think I see one of those trucks in our future too. It would sure make going to work a lot easier! Our temperatures here last week were very "warm," finally above freezing. The bright sunshine that filtered through our days made the huge snow piles disapper and the grass appear again. But looking out now, it's all disappeared again under a new blanket of snow. And to answer many of your questions... yes, I am finally starting to get tired of it. I have March 21st highlighted in my planner. Surely by the first day of spring all the snow will be gone!
The past 3 days I've been sick, sleeping most of the day and then reading a few books here and there. And a new discovery has sneeked its way into my thoughts: this place feels like home. We've had some chances since Christmas, now that we know we'll be here a while longer, to unpack and make our apartment a little bit more homey. Then maybe being sick and getting to cozy up with a book and comforter make it more of a place of rest also. We took some pictures of the living room, that's as far a I got with the camera that day. This is our little living room that also shares spaces with our dining room. It is one big open space. The front door is there beside Stephen, and then off to the right of there is a little hallway that leads to our "spare 'oom", bathroom, and master bedroom. Our set-up is small, but we enjoy it very much. Especially after visiting friends in the area who have
so much smaller spaces. We are very thankful to have a pull-out couch and extra double bed. Four weeks ago now I guess, we slept 4 guests in our apartment and this past week we had a friend from Ohio come and stay with us while he was visiting TEDS. And our church family wants to know when our parents are going to come visit now! A couple friends have put in reservations for the spring, so we're looking forward to more family coming whenever they can!
Last but not least I do have to tell you what an excellent help Stephen has been during my illness. He is quite smitten with the help he gave in the kitchen to make this monkey bread. It has to be the best baked good I've ever made, and he is quick to say it's because we did it together. He really did do most of the work, so all the credit goes to him. So now, whenever you can come to visit, Stephen has a quick breakfast yummy he can put together really quick!
2 comments:
Okay for those of who are slow, could you please elaborate on what a "spare 'oom" is. And could I make reservations at the Mt. Vernon B&B for the weekend of Mother's Day. - Oota
Hello dear friends! I finally got to check out your blog! I am soo impressed! I am thinking about you guys and praying for you!
Love you both! Michelle Lorrain
Post a Comment