For Today, Sunday, January 16, 2011
Outside my window...
Lots of white snow on the ground and a white sky (clouds). The dark brown trees and black roof tops make for a great visual for Joshua to keep an eye on through our big front window (black and white are supposed to be what babies see best at this age… contrasting colors).
I am thankful for...
a warm home. A washer and dryer. And two boys napping at the exact same time!
From the kitchen...
Is some returning to normal. A beautiful clear counter top and organized cabinets again. I have smiled at the places I have found things my mom's and dear husband put things away in. They all told me the same thing: Now I know you'll probably find stuff in unusual places… but I couldn't have done it without them! Thanks to you all again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am reading...
A Day of Delight: Making Sunday the Best Day of the Week by Pam Forster.
I am creating...
Envelopes for a special Christmas present for each Smith who so graciously put off Christmas an entire month so we could be together. And it's a good thing because (aside from the tiredness and chaos over newborn life) we are finally over all our colds and crud-stuff.
I am hearing...
the hum of the monitor telling me no one is stirring.
Around the house...
chaos is retreating. And it is a beautiful, beautiful thing!
Isaac is…
continuing to make me teary eyed with his growing independence. Except… for the times he makes me highly aggravated with his growing independence. The whining and the snippy "No, I do it." have got to stop sometime!
Josh is…
making his own advances! He has been consistent so far in giving us an extra hour of sleep. And has truly blessed my days with finally getting to eat every four hours instead of two (which could change tomorrow). There is a type of rhythm to our days now. Well… most days.
One of my favorite things...
holding a sleeping, snuggly baby.
A few plans for the rest of the week…
-Isaac's Pebbles class
-My last follow-up with the baby doctor
-Keep trying to find our new "normal"
No comments:
Post a Comment