The past three days we have been attending a marriage conference hosted by Family Life, called "Weekend To Remember." Through a wonderful gift from Stephen's school we were able to attend under a scholarship. The conference was held at a resort about 10 miles from our house which allowed us to stay here at the apartment. Stephen was fully looking forward to the event, where as I was thinking it would just be nicer to stay home. I am very glad that we didn't do that! I highly recommend you visiting www.familylife.com to find a conference nearest to you. The environment was very non-threatening and addressed all spectrums of marriages, bringing biblical truth to the purpose and direction of marriage. This week we will celebrate our 8 month anniversary and are thankful to have had this opportunity to begin actively choosing God's priorities for our marriage. I'll switch over the keyboard to the guy who attended with me now...
Hello. As Jessica has explained, we've been privileged to spend this weekend focusing on our marriage and on God's purposes and plans for us. It's been a wonderful weekend, and we can definitely recommend this event to our friends and family. Pastors and their wives are allowed to go for free. Along with approximately 600 other attendees, we studied such topics as threats to oneness in marriage, how to have good communication, and how to leave a godly legacy. Just for fun, we're including two photos below: one that pictures us before this marriage retreat, and one after (NOTE: this picture is done 'tongue-in-cheek' for fun! Jessica and I have had a good first eight months together. Still, we found several very helpful pointers this weekend for how to make our already good marriage even better!)
Before the Conference:
Afterwards:
This shot is where we would tell each other: "You are NOT my enemy!"
5 comments:
Well Steve and Jess I am overwhelmed with joy to hear that things in your marriage are starting to work out a little better. The Lord sure answers prayer! Lots of Love, AJS
Hey! It's Paul's friend - Stephen! =) Just happened on to your blog today. Looks interesting. The conference sounds fun! I'm checking out one of their conferences in Tulsa. The one near us in Kansas has sold out. =(
Hello aimee, glad to see that you and chad are doing well! If you're able to go to a FamilyLife conference, I highly recommend it!
Stephen, my friend, it's great to discover your contributions to the cyberspace community. It's nice to hear what's going on in your life. Jessica, while I have yet to meet you, you are in my prayers! Keep Stephen on his toes:).
God bless!
Thanks, Keith! I've enjoyed reading your blog as well. The shaved head look is 'interesting', but I suspect the 'fringe' may be a bit more befitting :-)
Post a Comment